Reprogram Mazda Tribute FobSo you all know that my vehicle's electronics half died. That was the result of the BCM going bad. That, along with the throttle body (which was giving me problems) were replaced, but when I got home I noticed that my fob still didn't work. I had to manually lock and unlock the doors. Not wanting to take it back to the dealership, I searched the tubes to see if I could find some answers. I did.
- Get in the vehicle, shut and unlock all doors
- Put the key in the ignition and, within 10 seconds, turn it from the off position to the on position (2 clicks) 8 times
- The doors will lock and unlock if successful
- You have 7 seconds to hit 1 button on each fob you wish to program
- For each successful program, the doors will lock and unlock
- Turn the key to the off position and you're done
- The doors will lock and unlock to signify leaving programming mode